Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hair Extensions, Udon Thani, Thailand

Firstly lets say "wow!" just for the amazing result of my new hair.

Near Nong Pra Jak Lake/Park there is a cute little hair dresser located just a few shops down from Seven Eleven. They have the cutest and nicest girls there and they are quiet in business during the day, however come late afternoon to night they are the busiest place on the street!

So just a couple of weeks before we leave, I decided that it would be kewl getting some extensions since they would be reasonably cheaper than back at home.

Dave and I went to a couple of hair dressers to get some prices and ideas on what they did. The first salon was at Chareonsi Plaza, they used micro clips to attach the hair extensions, which Dave did not like at all, he said that they were visibly noticable and didnt look good. They were charging ฿12, 600 for a full-head of real hair and I think it did include cut & colour, I cant remember. But that was a little exy for me plus it is around the same price as at home.

Second was another small hairdresser nearby the main food night market. The did weave or glue. I think it was around ฿4,000 which is pretty good. We were planning on going back there the day after. But we thought we should just check in with the hairdresser closer to us, one which we frequently walk past. They were heaps friendly and the girl quoted us ฿3, 500 for the whole deal; cut, colour, hairextensions. They used glue and one of the girls had extentions already in and showed us. Dave liked the look of them. Well the price was a little better plus it was close to the internet cafe which Dave frequently visits. So we made an appointment for the next day.

On the day, the girls welcomed me and were extremely fun! I firstly got a hair wash, a cut, and then a colour. Following was another rinse & wash, blow dry and then the application of the hair extensions. While a lady was colouring my hair the other girls were colouring the hair extensions at the same colour.

In all it took 4 hours! But it was soo worth it!! I also got my nails painted while my hair was getting blow dried.

The end result, I am so pleased with. And so is Dave!! He says it looks completely natural.

Overall it totalled ฿3, 500 including the nails! which works out to be AUD$150.00 soo cheap for such a quality job!! In Australia we are looking at $500.00 and up!

I will definately get my hair done in Thailand again!! Most forums are correct when they say go to a street hairdresser over a shopping centre hair dresser, cause they charge soo much more.

More luck in Bangkok considering more people in Bangkok speak English.

No comments:

Post a Comment